Faced with the prospect of a lockdown-free summer, buyers are anxious to move quickly, resulting in record numbers paying over asking price to secure their dream property.
With leading experts predicting that the house buying frenzy is here to stay, is location still as key as it used to be for buyers?
In the space of just 18 months, we've seen homebuyers rush to the countryside and back to cities again, as they've swapped lifestyles and jobs to better suit their own needs post-lockdown.
However, while requirements have altered dramatically for some, the popularity of online searches for the perfect location shows that this remains high on the list of buyer priorities.
So, what stands out as the perfect place for today's buyers?
- Access to areas of green, open space or gardens has become an immediate priority for many homebuyers.
- Now lockdown is coming to an end, people want to be close to cafes, restaurants, leisure amenities and shops once more to make the most of their freedom.
- Being close to the office is also becoming important again, as people adopt a hybrid style of working. This has also brought demand for a suitable working space at home, as well as a fast and reliable broadband connection.
- Being in a good school catchment will always be a priority for families.
- Buyers are doing their research into future developments in the area, like new schools, hospitals, shopping facilities or public transport links, as they can dramatically affect future house prices.
Location is a key factor in driving up demand with Bristol displaying many of the above qualities.
If you’re looking to find the perfect location or sell your property, get in touch with Alexander May below.